The SmartCast Configuration Tool is your primary device for commissioning the SmartCast Wireless Lighting network and accessing the features of the network. This article describes the many features and settings that are available once OneButton Setup has been completed. This list of menus, features, and settings is representative of the latest firmware release. Older Configuration Tools may not have all the items described below.
NOTE: The Configuration Tool must be connected to a SmartCast Wireless Lighting Network to access these features and settings.
The Main Menu provides access to the feature categories of the Configuration Tool. When on the Main Menu, the SmartCast Wireless Network is operating in Normal Mode.
- Edits the SmartCast Wireless Network configuration
- Edits the settings of the groups and devices within the SmartCast Wireless Network
- Provides troubleshooting tools for testing the SmartCast Wireless Network
- Provides methods for adding and removing devices from the SmartCast Wireless Network
- The About page of the Configuration Tool
The Modify Groups category provides methods for editing the configuration of the SmartCast Wireless Network to either correct for errors incurred during OneButton Setup or to edit the network to create new operating groups.
- Provides for creation of new Switch Groups and Occupancy Groups
- Provides for combining existing Switch Groups or Occupancy Groups together
|Add Devices to Group|
- Provides for addition of luminaires and wall controls to existing Switch Groups and Occupancy Groups
The Device Settings category provides methods for editing the operating parameters of the SmartCast Wireless Network. Upon completion of the OneButton Setup process, code-compliant operating parameters are applied by default. This category also includes the editing processes for using dimmers with Styllus fixtures and for creating scenes with the Wireless Scene Controller.
- Provides for adjustments of the Occupancy Settings for an Occupancy Group.
- Provides for adjustments of the Daylight Harvesting Settings for individual luminaires.
- Provides for adjustment of the Task Tuning and Color Temperature of an Occupancy Group
- Provides for assignment of wall control behaviors for Switch Groups with Styllus luminaires
- Provides for editing of Scene Controller parameters
The Occupancy Settings menu provides a method to adjust the Occupancy Settings for an Occupancy Group.
|Set Occupied Level|
- Assigns the Dim Level when the Occupancy Group is occupied
- Dim Level range: Min - 100% in 5% intervals
|Set Unoccupied Level|
- Assigns the Dim Level when the Occupancy Group is unoccupied
- Dim Level range: Off - 100% in 5% intervals
- Assigns the interval of time before the Occupancy Group enters unoccupied status
- Timeout range: 5 min - 30 min in 5 min intervals
- Timeout Disabled setting provides for disabling Occupancy functionality at user request
- Assigns the level of sensor sensitivity required to drive the Occupancy Group into occupied
- Sensitivity Levels: High, Medium, Low
|Set Control Mode|
- Assigns the operating mode to the Switch Group
- Manual-On: Manual-on / Auto-off requires wall dimmer to turn on lighting in Switch Group
- Auto-On: Auto-on / Auto-off with wall dimmer override of lighting in Switch Group
- Note: Switch Group operates in Occupancy mode with no wall dimmer present
The Daylighting Settings menu provides methods for adjusting the Daylight Harvesting Settings for individual luminaires.
- Provides for on-demand sensor calibration for the ambient light sensor
- Calibrates all fixtures simultaneously
- All fixtures will turn off together and then turn on at full DIM together
|Set Minimum Level|
- Adjusts the minimum lighting level to which the fixtures will dim due to daylight harvesting
- Dim Level range: Min - 35%
|Enable or Disable|
- Allows for turning daylight harvesting on or off for an occupancy group or for the whole network
The Tuning menu provides methods for tuning specific parameters for the occupancy groups not covered by the previous menus.
- Allows for applying task tuning for the whole network or for an occupancy group
- Tuning Level range: 50% - 100% in 5% intervals
- Allows for adjusting color temperature for the whole network or for an occupancy group
- Alert message is displayed if non-ACK fixtures are in the network or occupancy group
- Color temperature range: 3000K - 5000K in 100K intervals
|5% Dim Override|
- Allows for SC1 1% dimming fixtures to change their dimming to match CMA 5% fixtures. Used in cases of replacing older fixtures.
The Dimmer Type menu provides a method for assigning wall control behaviors for Switch Groups that contain Styllus luminaires.
|Set Dimmer Type|
- Assigns Dimmer control for Styllus luminaires to Direct, Indirect, or All
The Scene Controller menu provides methods for editing of Scene Controller parameters. See the article Wireless Scene Controller User Guide for detailed instructions on using this menu.
- Provides for assigning Switch Groups to a Scene Controller
- Provides for programming scenes for each button of the Scene Controller
- Provides for exporting the programmed scenes of the Scene Controller to a CSV file for record keeping.
The Diagnostics category provides tools for troubleshooting the SmartCast Wireless Network when issues arise.
- Provides a method for visually identifying the network, occupancy groups and switch groups
- During Identify, luminaires shimmer between 100% DIM and 5% DIM and wall controls fast blink their blue indicator LED
- Provides a scrolling table of pages containing parameter data for selected devices
- (5) pages for wall controls and (6) pages for luminaires
- Provides a network information table listing the PAN ID, RF Channel, and Device Count
- Provides a test mode for the occupancy sensors of the luminaires
The Advanced category provides methods for adding and removing SmartCast devices and for adding the SmartCast Wireless Gateway when deploying a SmartCast Touchscreen with the SmartCast Wireless Network.
- Provides for assigning a PIN for the SmartCast Wireless Network
- Provides for changing between networks, creating new networks, and rediscovery of the current network devices
- Provides for factory resetting of either single devices or the total network
|Add New Devices|
- Provides for automatic addition of new devices to an existing network
- Provides for connecting a SmartCast Wireless Gateway to a SmartCast Wireless Network
The About page lists the firmware versions for the SmartCast Configuration Tool.
- The operating system firmware of the Configuration Tool
- The firmware of the RF Gateway for the configuration Tool
The System Update menu provides for updating the firmware of the SmartCast Wireless Lighting Network. To access this menu press and hold the back button from the Main Menu.
- Creates a CSV file for the SmartCast Wireless Network to aid in troubleshooting.
- Provides firmware updates to the SmartCast Wireless Network when a firmware update file is loaded into the Configuration Tool memory.